Saturday, December 1, 2007

Lights Out

E-mail readers, click on "Lights Out" title above for full story.

So, does anyone else feel like you're living an episode of the 1900 House? At least it's nice to learn I'm not alone in being out of power.

What a jolting reminder, though, of how dependent we are on electricity here. The first few minutes were fine, but as we go longer without it I realize I can't open the refrigerator for fear of its getting warm. No oatmeal for me this morning, since neither the stove nor microwave are operable. The laundry came to a grinding halt. And I'm glad I didn't have plans to go anywhere fast, because now I have to remember where the key to the electric garage door release is!

Most embarassingly, I've realized how much I use the internet (in case it wasn't obvious!) Fortunately, laptop battery and cell phone modem have come to the rescue! (sheesh...)

Here's hoping we're back on line soon.

Return to Seabridge Journal home page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at a diving meet all day and had no idea that the power was out til I got home...how long?? Any idea why the power was lost?