Friday, December 14, 2007

Flashback

E-mail readers, click on "Flashback" title above for full story and picture.

One of our neighbors located this picture a while back, and I realized it might be interesting to share. It's a promo from the early 80s for the HBPD's "new" helicopter, but in the background you get a great view of our community and its surroundings. (Click on the picture for a larger view.)

What differences do you see? I find it interesting to see the original landscaping on Tempe - and how little there was next to Mother's Beach. I don't find the original paint color so horrible, though I like our current version a lot better.

I actually think the most interesting change occurred not at Seabridge, but at neighboring Sea Gate. I had no idea the buildings were originally a different color! I think the current blue/yellow is more timeless than the brown earth tones of the late 70s.

It's also strange for me to think that I was just entering high school around the time this was taken...

Return to Seabridge Journal home page.

No comments: