Friday, July 20, 2007

A note on recent changes

Welcome back! As you've noticed, I've made a few changes to improve things around here. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I think it will make things better all around.

Why the need to log in? Well, I had a few thoughts. For one, we don't let people off the street just wander into our board meetings, so I wanted to implement the on-line equivalent. For another, I wanted to be sure you are reading this blog because you are interested in hearing what I have to say. Sunsets and general community information are an important part of this blog, but I also write about decisions that affect us all. When you log in, I know you want to "listen".

More so, logging in allows you to speak too. You've already done the hard part by logging in. It's now very easy for you to hit the "comments" button and make this more of a two-way street. While I write about subjects that interest me, that doesn't meant that I and others don't want to hear your opinions on the topics, too. My main goal of this site is to build community and increase awareness for all of us, moi included, and you can help do so by offering your views on things that matter to us.

The goal here is to be respectful and open, and I trust we can all do that. And if my blog here doesn't fit your needs, the more blogs, the better, I say.

No comments: