Monday, July 16, 2007

Coming Soon...

I'm working on ideas for some upcoming posts. One of them involves interviews I'm conducting with original residents of the community. As far as I can determine, there are only about five residences that can claim original owners (those people who bought back in '78). I think it will be interesting to write about what made them "Seabridge Pioneers" and what changes they've witnessed over the years.

I'm also musing on a post about neighbors. We can brag about a lot of things our community has going for it - great weather and fantastic location come right to mind - but for me, the thing that keeps me here are the wonderful neighbors who offer support during difficult times and who make the good times all the more fun.

Oh, I should mention another "coming attraction": my sister, who will be living with me quite temporarily while she secures a job here in the Southland. If you have any ideas for must-do activities for a newcomer, I'd love to hear them - please post suggestions in the comments area. Angels game? Hollywood Bowl? Help me!

Let me know if you have any contributions for the posts I mentioned - or if you have other ideas for future ones. But in the immediate future, you can look forward to news from tomorrow's monthly board meeting. I don't know what the particular agenda items are, so if anyone has information, please feel free to post that as a comment.

1 comment:

@52weeks.biz@gmail.com said...

I have enjoyed my friends and neighbors in annual events such as the boat parade, the 4th of July bike ride, "Taste of Seabrdige", and other community gatherings in and outside of the walls of our complex.

We all have special gifts to offer and share. Food and drink is always a great reason to gather. I would love to see our community come to gether with something like: tatse of seabridge as an annual event where we can come together in the them of my favorite dish ...

or learn how to...
or the book club ...
we have such potential!