Thursday, September 6, 2007

Latest Changes

E-mail readers, click here for full story.

As I wrote about in this post, I implemented in July some changes to restrict Seabridge Journal to homeowners only. While I still believe this is appropriate for some articles posted here, blogger/google doesn't make the login process very easy. As a result, I lost regular readers, and it's no fun talking to myself. In addition, some people are under the impression that only certain homeowners can participate. That's not correct. Had I been asked about this, I would have cleared up any confusion.

Still, I realize that the password features weren't very friendly, and that didn't help matters either. It struck me that I could actually have two blogs - one for public consumption, and one for homeowners only. I've given them the same look and feel, and tied them together with common links. And that way, readers can also get better information about how it works and how they can access things.

You'll still need to sign up if you want access to the private section - see the info on the right.

Best of all, the open nature of the public section allows me to revive the "subscribe via e-mail" feature. Just enter your e-mail address on the right, and you'll be notified automatically of any new posts, within a day of posting.

I hope you'll agree that this should improve Seabridge Journal all around, and that helps me with my mission of communicating news and topics of interest to the community.


Return to Seabridge Journal home page.

No comments: