Monday, January 7, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away


E-mail readers, click on "Rain, Rain, Go Away" title above for full story.

Who even thought I'd be caught saying that in the middle of a drought? But rain is one thing, and three straight days of storms are another. This has been reported as our biggest storm in 3 years, and if you recall Winter of 04/05, it wasn't pretty

Still, we seem to have weathered it, and I'm enjoying the sunlight streaming through the windows again. Interestingly, the Register reports that we only received about 1.33 inches over the whole weekend. It seemed like a lot more to me. So, I looked for other sources of local information and came across two local weather stations:

I think it's especially cool that someone nearby runs their own real-time weather station. You can't get much more local than that. Reports from both stations seem pretty consistent, with 3-day rainfall ranging from 1.22 to 1.45 inches. Most of the rain, just over 1/2 inch, occurred on Saturday. The best news is that there's lots of snowpack now in the Sierras, one of our water sources in Southern California. Skiing, anyone?

Return to The Bridge home page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you TODD for two new fabulous web sites. I had no idea Bolsa Chica had their own weather station. You are our resource guru. I love all of the information that you have been sharing with us. Whenever I see The Bridge on my email, I can't wait to read the latest. Thanks for all the time you put in to making Seabridge more "neighborly." By the way, do you know when the next meeting is?

Anonymous said...

Hi All,

I am happy to answer Susie's question re: the next HOA meeting.

The HOA meeting has been moved from Jan. 15, 2008 to
Jan. 29, 2008.

A notice will be posted @ the club house & Morgen, our property manager will send out a post card to all residents notifying them of the change.

Hope to see you all on the 29th!

Todd, the latest photos are simply breath taking.
Thank you for sharing your amazing talent & photos with us.

BarbraSue Miller

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting my question, Todd. Thank you, Barbra Sue for the info. I am pleased to hear that a postcard will be sent. That will help us schedule our other evening meetings.:-)
Susie