Thursday, February 21, 2008

Three Cups of Tea


E-mail readers, click on "Three Cups of Tea" title above for the full story.

I wrote a post a few weeks back regarding the HB Reads One Book program, and the chosen book, Three Cups of Tea. Now that I've actually complete the book, I can say that it's truly worth reading.

So, this is just a reminder to anyone who's interested that the author, Greg Mortenson, will be speaking at Huntington Beach High School at 7PM this evening. Even if you haven't read the book, I think you'll find the guy's story fascinating, and if you ever plan to read it, I think it would give you a great background.

And maybe I'm out of line in my expectations for the event, but if you read the story of how the event went in another community, I think we're going to see a ton of people there. I heard Tuesday night that the entire HB city council plans to attend. More background info here.

Return to The Bridge home page.

No comments: