Monday, February 18, 2008

News of the Day, 2/18/2008

E-mail readers, click on "News of the Day, 2/18/2008" title above to read the full story.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday! A few interesting pieces of news to report today...

I believe there is a board meeting tomorrow evening, 2/19/2007 at 7PM in the clubhouse. I have not yet seen an agenda posted, so I'll contact management for confirmation. There are several important projects underway that affect us, and I believe it's important to keep current on the discussion.

These bits of news also caught my eye:

  • Interesting story from last Thursday's OC Register regarding our neighbor to the north, the Naval Weapons Station and the new Hampton Inn being constructed adjacent to it.

  • I just received the February Neighborhood Watch Newsletter from HBPD. If you haven't yet checked it out, I recommend doing so, as understanding what goes on in our neighborhood is an important component of crime reduction. I was happy to read that things remain quiet in our neighborhood.

  • Also in the Neighborhood Watch newsletter, I learned that you can now pay your water/sewer bill on-line by credit card at no additional cost. For those looking to rack up frequent flyer miles, here's another way to get you closer.

  • Thank You, Lu Mendenhall, for asking the question we've all undoubtedly asked ourselves from time to time. Good to know the answer, even if I don't like it.

No comments: