Saturday, August 16, 2008

CC&R Revisions

E-mail readers, click on "CC&R Revisions" title above for full story"

It's been a while since I've commented on our CC&R revision process. While I support the goal, the approach has made me tired. To be fair, I'm sure the board feels this way, too. Interested people can read my past posts on the matter here.

The board recently sent a letter to homeowners to gather input regarding another planned vote. While I welcome the idea of getting input, it's pretty late in the game. But I'll give it another go with my thoughts...

I've been consistent in saying "Define the problem, and then propose the solution". You've got me convinced with the maintenance issues. But other proposals seem to address topics that not everyone agrees are problems. And we've seen in the past that things that some people consider to be "problems", result in solutions that many in the community are not happy with (witness our entry gate modifications, now in their second year). So - if you truly care about what will make me comfortable with the revisions: tell me what each real issue in the community is, what has been done to understand that problem and confirm it affects the majority of us, and how the revisions address it.

The recent letter to the community talks about the need to revise the CC&Rs to remove developer language, get current with state laws and allow for clearer maintenance responsibilities. If the revisions stuck to those stated goals, I could support them. But if there are other goals, these should be stated as well.

Return to The Bridge home page.

No comments: