Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ahh, Sweet Victory!


E-mail readers, click on "Ahh, Sweet Victory!" title above for the full story.

Congratulations are in order for Seabridge resident Christa Schubert, who placed 1st in her age group in the Newport Beach Triathlon last Sunday!

The achievement was especially meaningful for Christa, whose father recently passed away. Having just returned from that very trying time in Wisconsin, she thought that her training wasn't where it should have been. Thus, she never thought she was anywhere near 1st place. Christa reports that she kept looking for other women in her age group and had a sinking feeling that she was last place. Little did she know at the time that they were all behind her! She goes on to share:

"When I was with my dad in the hospital I showed him my finishers medal from the Huntington Beach marathon in February. I don't know how much he saw or heard, but it was something I was proud of and wanted to share with him. I did this race with him in my heart, and I know he was there with me every step of the way.

Congratulations, Christa! What may have been unimaginable before is now real. To all your competitors: "Look out now!"

Editor's Note: I like to publish stories about our neighbors and their achievements and interests. So I've created a new tag "neighbors" to help identify these - click on it for past examples. And if you know of other stories to share, please send them my way.

Return to The Bridge home page.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISTA......
YOU ARE TRULY AN AWESOME WOMAN..
I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF YOU THAN IF YOU WERE MY OWN DAUGHTER....

Lu Mendenhall said...

Good work Christa!!!What an accomplishment and honor.
Please accept our condolences on the passing of your Dad.
Lu and John

BarbraSue said...

Brava...Christa!
You Rock.
And great performance by Bryan, Bill & Mimirace day...
Looking forward to taking videos for you.
You all looked great in the water yesterday. Jay too!

What an amazing way for the family to spend quality time !!!

Mel & Bsue