Sunday, October 21, 2007

Surfing in HB on a Sunday Morning

E-mail readers, click on "Surfing in HB..." title above to read full story.

No, not that kind of surfing! Although it looks to be a great day to be out at the beach, I'm referring to web-surfing. I have a bit of unexpected time on my hands, so I thought I'd check out what's of note regarding our city and neighborhood.

Are you prepared for disaster? - As someone who thought long and hard about whether to move to Earthquake Country, I'm pathetically unprepared when it comes to readiness. It's always a good idea to put plans into place and stock up. I think the writer makes an excellent point about "do the math" - 11 fire trucks for 200,000 residents. I think too often, even at Seabridge, we fall into the assumption that someone else will take care of things for us. The primary responsibility lies with each of us.

The Local HB - I just stumbled upon this site, and it seems to work hard to create a local experience. Especially as it has coupons for Brix and Slowfish, spots that I know are favorites of Seabridge residents, it's worth checking out.

Speaking of Slowfish - I was there on Friday night, and it was packed. It's nice that we have some great local restaurants nearby. In addition to Slowfish, we have Cafe Gazelle (has anyone tried it?) and Sea Siam. I lament that none are in walking distance, but I'll get by.

No comments: