Thursday, March 13, 2008

Further Thoughts on Amended/Restated CC&Rs

E-mail readers, click on "Further Thoughts on Amended/Restated CC&Rs" title above for full story.

I'm undecided on how to vote on the CC&Rs and have shared most concerns with the board. Perhaps further information from them will help me decide one way or the other. While I generally like the revised maintenance provisions, I have a few questions regarding the impact they might have. And there are other provisions besides maintenance that I don't support.

One additional thought that has occurred to me is whether there is any foreseen cost impact that homeowners should consider in making a decision. As an example, when you think about California ballot propositions we're asked to vote on, any that could have a financial impact usually contain information from the legislative analyst regarding the anticipated fiscal impact. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but I wonder whether shifting the maintenance responsibilities has an impact on our operating budget or reserves, and whether analysis in any form, even rough, has been perfomed. That would be helpful information in understanding the impact of my "yes" or "no" vote.

Anyway, you have additional opportunity to address the board and/or hear what other homeowners might have to say in the open forum of the upcoming board meeting, Tuesday, March 18th at 7PM sharp.

Return to The Bridge home page.

No comments: