Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Introduction

So, I thought I'd use this first post of the Seabridge Journal to explain its genesis and purpose. I have always found communication to be critical to the effective running of our association. Beyond that, it serves to connect neighbors and develop a stronger sense of community. With that in mind, I started the communications committee and Seabridge website.

These have worked very well, but are labor-intensive. So I have tremendous respect for those individuals who seek to keep them going, but I have passed the torch to them. It's just too much for me at the moment. I also came to find the newsletter format to be too structured and demanding -- publication deadlines, formatting in Word, visits to Kinkos, and the 800+ stairs to climb when delivering the final product. Often more time is spent on production than the actual tasks of communicating and informing.

With new technology available today, and a new board taking the reigns, it seems like a great time to make a fresh start. This blog will be available to anyone who chooses to subscribe. Posts will be made when something newsworthy occurs, not just monthly. And while I plan to write about goings-on in the community, this format will also allow me to post other items of interest. It goes without saying - but I'll say it anyway: the opinions published here are mine alone and do not represent those of the Seabridge Homeowners Association. I seek to accurately represent what I hear at meetings, but you should always confirm for yourself by requesting minutes.

I welcome your comments and feedback.

No comments: